Alternative Building Methods
- Temporary weather protection to the building envelope prior to cladding installation
- Fast close-in allows for earlier interior finishing
- Provides structural bracing when installed as per bracing specifications
- The panels can be exposed for a maximum of 180 days during the construction cycle. The sealing tapes can be exposed for a maximum of 180 days during the construction cycle. This means there are no hold-ups while the cladding has to be installed, e.g. brick layers etc
- Manufactured from sustainably-grown NZ plantation pine
Eco Ply bracing
The Ecoply® Barrier System provides a weather tight and rigid air barrier for drained and vented cavity systems outside the building frame.
This effectively replaces traditional building wrap in the cavity, while providing structural bracing and forming a strong secondary line of defence against moisture penetration into the building envelope.
The use of concrete as a construction material offers the designer structural capacity, fire resistance, acoustic capacity, thermal capacity, aesthetic qualities and durability.Concrete is one of the most durable building materials and outperforms timber and brick as construction materials.
It will not burden homeowners with constant repairs and maintenance costs – no rotting timber to replace – and cleaning or painting is straightforward. The non-biodegradable materials are not vulnerable to rot or deterioration and the reinforcing steel encased within the concrete will not rust or corrode.
In addition, concrete can actually strengthen over its 100+ year expected lifespan.
Lower Cost - lower costs can arise from faster construction and a simpler structural form than alternative concrete systems.
Speed of Construction - Tilt slab panels are often erected and in place within a few weeks of access to site, so tradesmen are onsite quicker, resulting in earlier occupancy.
Design Versatility - tilt panels are a structural form in itself and columns and concrete encased portal legs can often be eliminated. Panels can provide a wide range of integral architectural treatments.
- Weather proofing - panels do not require any protective treatment to provide weatherproofing to the structure and will remain durable over the life of the structure.
- Robust material - Concrete is not vulnerable to rot or deterioration and the reinforcing steel encased within the concrete will not rust or corrode.
Concrete tilt slab construction
Dincel Construction System is an internationally patented permanent polymer formwork for walls and columns, which when filled with ready mixed concrete, produces an economical, strong, durable structure.
The system has been created and developed in Australia by professional engineers and is certified by the University of New South Wales and the CSIRO for waterproofing and fire rated properties.
Lower cost - load bearing walls and columns to be constructed at lower cost and in less time and than by traditional masonry or concrete
Speed of construction - A unique patented snap-lock joint connects the Dincel panels for fast and easy installation, delivering a fully waterproof wall when filled with concrete. It’s also lightweight for greater safety and manoeuvrability on-site.
- Less reinforcement - Designed with an impervious vapour barrier for both faces along with built-in crack control joints that eliminate the need for crack control steel.
- Easy to render or clad - Dincel Structural Walling can be completed in a large range of finishes including cladding, renders or painted.